Date:      Sat, 02 Aug 1997 23:01:24 -0400
From:      "Gary Palmer" <gpalmer@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        dkelly@hiwaay.net, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ports-current/packages-current discontinued

"Jordan K. Hubbard" wrote in message ID
<17417.870574555@time.cdrom.com>:
> That's basically the idea for Son Of Sysinstall.

What an apt name. Lets just hope it comes in time to answer the SOS of
people reading this **** flame war.

I'll admit I use perl. Why? Because at a past job it was used for a
lot of stuff. Never used TCL (although I have a book on it at home
which should get read sometime). If push came to shove, I'd prefer NOT
having either of them installed by default. There is no clean way to
ensure that we don't have recurrances of the current situation that we
have with perl4 (and others) festering nicely in /usr/src. However,
any move which will (later) allow us to rip such stuff out screaming
is good. If SOS, down the road, can give us the necessary
compartmentalism to do this, then a few months of pulled hair will be
worth it.

Gary