Date:      Thu, 27 Sep 2001 09:49:20 -0700
From:      "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
To:        EKR <ekr@rtfm.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 127/8 continued

> Sender: ekr@rtfm.com
> From: Eric Rescorla <ekr@rtfm.com>
> Date: 27 Sep 2001 09:49:41 -0700
>
> "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net> writes:
> > Yes, many RFCs do describe APIs and lots of other things that are
> > limited to a host, but none are standards track RFCs. All are
> > informational or BCP or something of that sort. RFCs can be on most any
> > subject (and some are very far field), but none of those are standards
> > track (Proposed Standard, Draft Standard, Standard, ...).
> This isn't actually correct.
>
> See for instance,
> RFC 2853 -- Generic Security Service API Version 2 : Java Bindings
> RFC 2744 -- Generic Security Service API Version 2 : C Bindings

Eric,

I stand corrected! I am also very surprised to see that as an Internet
Standard (or on its way to being one).

Sorry to have doubted Werner. (And I should know better.)

Can we now return to relevant content? (I'm so embarrassed to have
helped drag this relevant discussion to where it never belonged.)

R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)