Date:      Fri, 23 Dec 2011 18:41:42 -0600
From:      "Conrad J. Sabatier" <conrads@cox.net>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        danfe@FreeBSD.org, bland@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   x11/nvidia-{driver, settings, xconfig}: why not the latest available version (290.10)?

Hi,

Just wondering why the x11/nvidia-{driver,settings,xconfig} ports have
yet to be updated to the latest version (290.10).  Are there any known
issues with any of these newer versions that would make such an upgrade
ill-advised?

FWIW, I've been running nvidia-driver version 290.10 since shortly after
it was made available on the Nvidia site, and haven't run across any
issues that can be directly attributed to the driver, at least, not to
the best of my knowledge.

As an aside, I've also been wondering for quite a while now why the
nvidia-driver port isn't under the x11-drivers category, rather than
simply x11.  Not awfully important, just curious.  :-)

--
Conrad J. Sabatier
conrads@cox.net