Date:      Mon, 14 Apr 2003 09:47:40 -0600
From:      Lukasz Ciazynski <lciazyns@altosusers.com>
To:        Toerless Eckert <eckert@i4.informatik.uni-erlangen.de>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: TV output options ?

Toerless Eckert wrote:

>What hardware options are there with FreeBSD for a TV output
>(composite/SVideo) that would work with DVD playback ?
>Browsing the mailing list it seems as if the Matrox G400 would
>be an option. I have not found others. it does not necessarily have
>to be a video output on a VGA card.
>
>Any reports of successfull experiences or pointers to helpfull URLs welcome.
>
>Thanks
>    Toerless

Any nvidia running freebsd nvidia driver should work just fine. I
haven't tried on mine yet, but nvidia's faq page claims it works:-) Here
is a link to unofficial nvidia tvout info:
http://www.khensu.org/unlocked/tvout.html
It's for X running on Linux but the config is the same. I've got the
twinview to two crt screens running, and it's awesome.

Lukasz