Date:      Tue, 13 Nov 2001 00:06:25 +0100
From:      "Angelo Terrile" <act@libero.it>
To:        <doc@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Not able to reboot following the Hand Book chapter 9.6

I'm rather new to FreeBSD, I have tried to recompile the kernel but I
failed, I tried to reboot with the old kernel following the instructions
give in chapter 9.6 section: "The kernel will not boot", but I could not
reboot following them. The instructions don't mention that at the boot
loader prompt you have to unload the actual kernel "unload MYKERNEL"
before give the command mentioned "boot kernel.old". I'm using the
FreeBSD 4.4 STABLE with an Intel Pentium platform.

Thank you for your attention

Angelo Terrile