Date:      Sun, 19 Nov 1995 15:56:16 +1100 (EST)
From:      michael butler <imb@scgt.oz.au>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   joe, termcap and flow-control ?

Peter Wemm writes:

> We currently have nvi version 1.34 in the freebsd source.  It has a most
> annoying bug (well, it annoys the hell out of me anyway.. :-).

> Specifically, if you have a line longer than 80 characters, and move to
> say the 90th character, and then leave the line and immediately return,
> the sticky positioning will incorrectly put you on the 10th character
> instead of the 90th. :-(

Speaking of which .. joe works fine locally but it does not over a telnet
session .. the first screen displayed is offset by one character to the
right. The whole screen :-( The only fix is to use control-R to redraw,
after which it's fine.

What is this .. a bug in joe, a termcap problem or a flow-control issue ?

	michael