Date:      Wed, 28 Jun 2006 13:23:48 +0200
From:      Anton Berezin <tobez@tobez.org>
To:        Joseph Maxwell <adamsmithx@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-perl@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: nl_langinfo Problem

On Wed, Jun 28, 2006 at 04:07:32AM -0700, Joseph Maxwell wrote:
> It seems that I am addressing a FreeBSD problem after a Perl installation
> and a rebuild of the shared lib files

What did you mean when you said "rebuild of the shared lib files"?  What
files have you rebuild and how?

> Sys Specs: FreeBSD kooler.com 4.9-STABLE FreeBSD 4.9-STABLE #0: Wed Nov 12
> 17:41:01 PST 2003     root@wxyz.net:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/STANDARD  i386

Did you upgrade the OS recently?

>    After this persistent "nl_langinfo" problem created.
>    Ex: launching Perl at the command line ==>
>    /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1:
> /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.2/mach/CORE/libperl.so: Undefined symbol
> "nl_langinfo"

What does ls -l /usr/lib/libc*  say?
What does ls -l /usr/include/langinfo.h  say?

\Anton.
--
An undefined problem has an infinite number of solutions.
-- Robert A. Humphrey