Date:      Sun, 29 Nov 2020 18:05:51 -0300
From:      "Danilo G. Baio" <dbaio@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Rene Ladan <rene@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Hans Drexler <drexler@gate.klaan.nl>, freebsd-translators@freebsd.org, remko@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: introduction of new subscriber Hans Drexler

--d55d4idktkqvbdgs

On Sun, Nov 29, 2020 at 06:12:08PM +0000, Rene Ladan wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 28, 2020 at 03:09:27PM +0000, Rene Ladan wrote:
> [...]
> >=20
> > > Welcome and thanks for your interest.
> > >=20
> > > CCing remko@ and rene@, maintainers for Dutch translations.
> > >=20
> > > FreeBSD has a Dutch translation team [1], there are some documents
> > > translated and they need to be updated, maybe not all of them, at lea=
st
> > > the Handbook, last commit was three years ago.
> > >=20
> > > Current documents [2]:
> [...]
>=20
> > >   books/
> > >     - fdp-primer  (nl_NL.po)
> Hmm, it looks like I have some ancient cryptic diff of the FDP primer sta=
shed
> locally when reading through some svn->git instructions. I'll try to figu=
re
> out if that is still useful.
>=20
> > >=20
> > > The good news is that some documents have PO Gettext files, so you can
> > > upload the current translations to Weblate, then update them.
> > >=20
> > I actually have to exercise this myself. I started out years ago transl=
ating
> > SGML documents by hand, then XML documents, and finally offline PO docu=
ments
> > (using poedit if I remember correctly).
> >=20
> > > In the next days I'll enable a jenkins job to build the Weblate
> > > translations for nl_NL.
> > >=20
> It looks like the /translations branch in svn is no longer in use, the la=
st
> commit to it was r48760 on 2015-12-14. It was meant as a work-in-progress
> branch for translations, is this now fully covered by Weblate instead?

I didn't find any .po file there.

Anyway, Weblate uses a separate repository
https://github.com/doc-br/translate/ [1]

After translating a document, we need to submit it to the FreeBSD/doc
repository.

The structure of this repository is this:

articles/
  bsdl-gpl.pot  (Original/English)
  language_code/
    bsdl-gpl.po  (Translation for language_code)

books/
  arch-handbook.pot  (Original/English)
  ..
  language_code/
     arch-handbook.po   (Translation for language_code)

There is a script to help update this repository with all translations
in the doc tree:

$ ZANATA_LOCALE=3D"nl_NL" scripts/update_translations.sh ~/FreeBSD/doc/nl_N=
L.ISO8859-1 ./

I can do this with the current .po files in the doc/head tree, or just
send a PR for us (with all you have).

Then you can continue the translation effort through Weblate without
starting from the scratch.

Let me know.

1 - We will move this repo to the FreeBSD organization.
--=20
Danilo G. Baio (dbaio)

--d55d4idktkqvbdgs

--d55d4idktkqvbdgs--