Date:      Fri, 19 Feb 1999 14:52:36 -0600
From:      "Thomas T. Veldhouse" <veldy@visi.com>
To:        "FreeBSD-Current" <freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG>, <gjohnson@nola.srrc.usda.gov>
Subject:   Re: removing f2c from base distribution

By bloat, I assume you mean disk space.  There should not be any difference
as far as "code bloat" goes (i.e. templates in C++ are known to be prone to
code bloat).  Executables are probably a bit smaller than the g77 port due
to the newer optimizations in egcs.  If you are worried about disk space, I
believe that you can configure the egcs compilation to not build all the
extras like g++ and the java compiler.

Tom Veldhouse
veldy@visi.com