Date:      Thu, 9 Jan 1997 11:03:57 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        Nathan Stratton <nathan@netrail.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.com
Subject:   Re: News server

On Thu, 9 Jan 1997, Nathan Stratton wrote:

> I am planing on adding to main news servers to feed a network of news
> feeders. I plan on using P5 200 with 256 megs ram and 2 9 gig WSCSI for
> spool and 1 4 gig WSCSI for /. My questions is would I get any speed
> increase if I went with P6 200 and not the P5 200?

You would get a real speed increase if you used 5 4GB SCSI disks.  Those
two 9ers are going to really drag you down.  The computer can access SCSI
disks concurrently, with one big disk you have to wait for one operaion to
complete before you can do another.

I would HIGHLY suggest reading the INN FAQ before proceeding.