Date:      Tue, 10 Apr 2007 17:07:32 +0000
From:      Mario Lobo <mario.lobo@ipad.com.br>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Adding interfaces to bridge0

hello;

This is the situation:

Using FreeBSD 6.2-STABLE

I have benn using qemu to roll a windows XP machine, using a bridge to=20
interface tap0 and rl0 on the same network my efault route board (xl0) is.

I was working great. =A0A few days ago , I updated src/sys (kernel - becaus=
e of=20
a java issue), recompiled & installed. Yesterday I needed to rum XP. I=20
started qemu and  windows started fine, the netword "hardware" came in fine=
=20
but I had no connectivity ate all. I pinged out from windows but tcpdump=20
would only report packets from tap0.

I tried recompiling qemu/kqemu but no change.

I closed qemu and tried to set up the bridge manually. That's when I found=
=20
why:

kldload if_bridge

ifconfig bridge0 create
OK

ifconfig bridge0 addm rl0 addm tap0 up

ifconfig: BRDGADD rl0: Invalid argument
ifconfig: BRDGADD tap0: Invalid argument

I have 3 network boards on my machine and this happens when I try to add an=
y=20
of them.

Could this be due to kernel out-of-sync with userland?
something else?

Thanks,
=2D-=20
   //| //|         Mario Lobo
  // |// |         http://www.ipad.com.br
 //  //  |||||||  FreeBSD since 2.2.8 - 100% Rwindows-free