Date:      Thu, 16 Feb 2012 14:11:56 -0500
From:      Chip Oakley <silverskymusic2@gmail.com>
To:        "Julian H. Stacey" <jhs@berklix.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, Robert Bonomi <bonomi@mail.r-bonomi.com>
Subject:   Re: Technical Support Question

Thanks for your reply.

The boot CD will boot on the other machine, but not on the computer for my
intended install of BSD.

I set the boot order to boot first from CD ROM in phoenix BIOS.

It is a Samsung Laptop it is windows 7 home edition I called Samsung and
they have no information on overriding a windows password only restoring to
an older version which got my here in the first place.

There is a prompt at Startup stating press any key to boot from CD.
Pressing any key only leads to that same screen in windows asking for the
password, except for the function keys that lead to BIOS configuration.

Am tempted to remove the drive and insert a new one, not sure as there is
memory on the drive available and nothing really wrong with it.

Cant imagine there is not a fix somewhere.

Any other ideas?

Regards

--
Any attachments (WAV. MP3, PDF) files etc, contain copyrighted material
that is protected under intellectual property law in the USA

 Messages are for the intended recipients only and usually contain
confidential information as well. If you received this message or any
any files or emails that may be in question. Thanks for your consideration.