Date:      Sat, 19 Jun 1999 17:43:10 +0100
From:      David Malone <dwmalone@maths.tcd.ie>
To:        Khetan Gajjar <khetan@os.org.za>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Inetd and wrapping.

> The support (after the patches Sheldon brought in) now is
> pretty good; is there any reason why the existing functionality should be
> extended ?

We should support atleast as much as tcpd did. I think the only
thing we're missing now is wrapping the first connection of a
udp/wait service and then inetd can do as much as tcpd could.
(Wrapping of internal services is a bonus over what tcpd can do
already).

I'd be happy with just adding support for wrapping udp stuff and
adding a command line flag which turns off wrapping to keep purists
happy. I just wanted to see what the general opinion was.

	David.