Date:      Sat, 22 Apr 1995 22:46:33 -0400
From:      al256@detroit.freenet.org
To:        www@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Seeking brief beginning advice for how to get started with FreeBSD

Hello,
I have been trying to find out how to contact a group called Free Software
Foundation, because I have been wanting to get started with Unix on my home
computer.  I program business applications for a living and am considered one
of the more technically capable people in my dept. at work, but don't really
know how to get started with "straying away" from the ol' DOS and Windows and
adding the ability to run an entirely new OS to my (486DX266 Intel, 8Meg,
VLB/IDE/420 Meg) system.
Can you steer me to a good book that would give me an idea how to get started
if I want to add something like FreeBSD to my system?
Thank you for your time in reading this!