Date:      Sun, 29 Dec 1996 03:42:02 -0500 (EST)
From:      Sujal Patel <smpatel@umiacs.umd.edu>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Sound Blaster PnP babble

On Sat, 28 Dec 1996, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> :-)
>
> BTW, any luck with Sound Blaster PnP lately?  We've had a lot of people
> asking about it..

The card should work just fine.  There are several things to note though:

1 - If you have a PnP bios, you don't need to use my PnP driver.  If you
don't use the driver though, you need to "guess" where the BIOS configured
your card :-)  There is sample code to read the PnP BIOS's configuration
in ~smpatel/public_html/pnpget* (I haven't had time to clean this up yet).

2 - If you don't have a PnP bios then you can just use my driver and
everything will just work fine.

3 - If you have an ASUS motherboard, your BIOS must be up-to-date (i.e.
support the latest PnP spec).  You can easily grab a new BIOS from their
site and flash it.

Sujal

PS:  The PnP driver is available at http://www.freebsd.org/~smpatel/