Date:      Wed, 25 Oct 1995 20:10:59 +0100 (MET)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   951020 bug report

It is really a pleasure see the installation go on ttyv1...

Anyways afew small problems:

KERNEL CONFIG:
* the documentation claims that the "probe" command is available,
  while it is not (and it has not been available since september,
  I believe)
* in visual mode, I tried to configure lnc0 at address 0xff80 (as
  my pci card), but the program limits you to 0x2000

X installation
* the "lbx" archive is missing from the menu, so it is not installed.

PACKAGE INSTALL
* from sysinstall, I was not able to install them, not even after
  setting the media. I think the program insists in looking for an
  "INDEX" file in the directoyy where the packages are.

  From pkg_install, the program seems unable to find the files archives
  in the extract step, even if previous steps (looking for the dir,
  indexing etc) work ok.

  Also, in pkg_install, the "Total marked:" field quickly overflows and
  shows negative numbers.

	Luigi
Luigi Rizzo                     Dip. di Ingegneria dell'Informazione
email: luigi@iet.unipi.it       Universita' di Pisa
tel: +39-50-568533              via Diotisalvi 2, 56126 PISA (Italy)
fax: +39-50-568522              http://www.iet.unipi.it/~luigi/