Date:      Wed, 30 Sep 2015 01:49:09 -0500
From:      Bill Sorenson <instructionset@gmail.com>
To:        Jukka Ukkonen <jau789@gmail.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD PowerPC ML <freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Perl5.20 build fail

It died for me upgrading from perl5-5.20.2_6 to perl5-5.20.3_8. Basically
from August 31st to now.I don't think my issue is related to the recent
default perl changes. I'd check to see how old yours is.

I'm sort of thinking the problem I'm having is upstream with perl. I'm
might try manually fetching and building 5.20.3 as an experiment unless
someone else has different luck.