Date:      Sat, 11 May 1996 18:37:39 -0600 (MDT)
From:      John-David Childs <jdc@ism.net>
To:        Russ Pagenkopf <russ@ism.net>
Cc:        hardware@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: disktab for Micropolis 4221-09/2112-15????

On Fri, 10 May 1996, Russ Pagenkopf wrote:

> You might try just letting FreeBSD find the info on it's own. Or is this
> where it's choking? There aren't disktab entries for either the hard-drive
> or the jaz drive (although I wrote one for the jaz drive that you're
> welcome to for an example) and FreeBSD picked them up just fine.
>
> rus

It choked when trying to find the info on it's own.  PFDISK.EXE (from
the FreeBSD tools directory) came up with some really nutty values which
didn't work either.  However, when I used FDISK to create 1 megabyte DOS
partitions on each drive, FreeBSD picked up the correct values from
the BIOS.
--

John-David Childs             www.marsweb.com/www.ism.net
System Administrator          Internet Services Montana (406)721-6277