Date:      Wed, 4 Feb 1998 11:44:17 +0000 (GMT)
From:      The Administrator <admin@righi.df.unibo.it>
To:        nik@iii.co.uk
Cc:        captain <captain@wmhs.org>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: LAND and FOOF

You absolutely do not need
to install the stable version of 2.2.5 release.
For example I could not remake it because I have not space
to do it. So I protected myself from hackers attacks (Expecially
from land program) installing a firewall with these rules

/sbin/ipfw -q add deny all from 137.204.49.17 to 137.204.49.17
/sbin/ipfw -q add allow all from any to any

to protect your system against land you must disable
packets from your host to your host, my host is 137.204.49.17

then I Also installed tcpd wrapper daemon it is very useful
to debug attacks to your system and to have a control
on acess to your system. You can restrict logins
for certain domains using tcpd.
tcpd is in the precompiled packages so it is very simple to install.

bye

Rick