Date:      Mon, 6 Dec 1999 21:02:32 -0800
From:      "James Webster" <James3838@tsi-net.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Problems with NATD

I'm a first time user of FreeBSD ( my NIC card wouldn't work with netBSD for
some reason).  While I'm familiar with networking, and network address
translation, so some reason I can't get it working on FreeBSD.

I'm setting up a weird testing topology to simulate a slow link (serial), so
I have a box with an Ethernet card (fixed IP 172.30.224.9) and a PPP
(10.0.0.1) connection.  I want all connections going to the Ethernet address
to be redirected to the machine on the other side of the PPP (10.0.0.2)
connection.  I have everything working but the redirection.

I have used "/sbin/natd -n ex0 -redirect_port tcp 10.0.0.2:80 80" and "-n
ex0 -f /etc/natd.conf" with "redirect_port tcp 10.0.0.2:80 80" in the conf
file.  Neither has worked for me.

If I've some how misread the man pages, please feel free to let me know what
I'm doing wrong.  I'm not on this mailing list, so please include me in any
response.

Thanks,
James Webster