Date:      Fri, 20 Dec 1996 18:09:22 +1030 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        emulation@freebsd.org
Cc:        luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it, babkin@hq.icb.chel.su
Subject:   Chistmas-edition PC-Emu

Well, I'm off for christmas, and may not get any more time to work on
PC-Emu until the new year.  I've spent my last few hours in the blissful
silence of the office (everyone is off at the workshop pissup) getting
some order into the TTY-mode emulation.

If you have a little time to look at it over the break, here's a few random
things that would love to be worked on :

 - ALT-<whatever>	(critical)
 - Low/high brightness	(annoying)
 - CTRL-<whatever>	(should work, but I must have futzed something)
 - Colour xterm interaction (syscons is fine, xterm leaves cursor-droppings)

There's a new option (documented in the usage() output but also available
in .pcmurc) that disables the translation of high-bit characters; the
effect in conjunction with a cp437 (or similar) font with syscons is quite
disconcerting 8)

Note that in TTY mode you now use a NUL (ctrl-space on most terminals) to
exit (this can be configured from your .pcemurc with the as-yet untested
and not-properly-implemented but should-work 'keyseq' directive).

  ftp://gsoft.com.au/pub/pcemu1.93pre.tar.gz