Date:      18 Apr 1999 12:15:14 -0500
From:      Don Croyle <croyle@gelemna.ft-wayne.in.us>
To:        Michel Quadflieg <michel@quadspeed.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: question on moving files

Michel Quadflieg <michel@quadspeed.com> writes:

> I was wondering if it is possible to move the /sbin dir to another partition
> like /usr/sbin2 or whatever and the symlinking it.....

I think that you'd miss some of the things in /sbin in the early
stages of booting.  It'd be kind of hard to mount /usr, for instance,
if you've moved mount(8) from /sbin to /usr/sbin2.

> This because I want to create more space on /

I'd move /tmp and /var first.  Other than that, most of the stuff on
the root partition is there because it's potentially needed for either
booting or recovery.
--
I've always wanted to be a dilettante, but I've never quite been ready
to make the commitment.