Date:      Sat, 25 Jul 1998 23:35:22 +0200
From:      "IBS / Andre Oppermann" <andre@pipeline.ch>
To:        Karl Denninger <karl@mcs.net>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: MMAP problems

Karl Denninger wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I believe I have found a rather serious MMAP problem in -CURRENT.
>
> Diablo (the news system) is the test case; with MMAP enabled it will randomly
> write exactly one block (512 bytes) of zeros into the article spool files
> rather than the proper data - its almost like an update via MMAP isn't
> actually happening when it should, and is being thrown away.  This shows
> up as a corrupted batch when you try to transmit to others.
>
> I'm working on trying to isolate this, and will have more when I know
> better what is going on.

Terry mentioned something like this some time ago, he looked a little
bit more into it and said it is also broken on -stable.
You might check the archives.

--
Andre Oppermann

CEO / Geschaeftsfuehrer
Internet Business Solutions Ltd. (AG)
Hardstrasse 235, 8005 Zurich, Switzerland
Fon +41 1 277 75 75 / Fax +41 1 277 75 77
http://www.pipeline.ch    ibs@pipeline.ch