Date:      Thu, 3 Sep 2020 16:54:15 +0000
From:      Brooks Davis <brooks@freebsd.org>
To:        Dmitry Salychev <dsl@mcusim.org>
Cc:        Stefan Esser <se@freebsd.org>, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Tracking FreeBSD-CURRENT

--BOKacYhQ+x31HxR3

On Thu, Sep 03, 2020 at 03:34:32PM +0200, Dmitry Salychev via freebsd-hacke=
rs wrote:
> Hi Stefan,
>=20
> > Any new code must be committed to -CURRENT first, before it may be
> > merged into the stable branches (and then will make it into a release).
>=20
> Is this approach the same for code which is intended for ARM? For
> example, if there is a driver for an ethernet transceiver connected to
> BeagleBone Black. I should track -CURRENT on my laptop, add, build and
> test my driver on BBB, merge the latest changes from -CURRENT and send a
> patch. Am I correct?

If your code is destined for another system, there's little reason to
track -CURRENT on your laptop.  You can easily cross-build -CURRENT from
(e.g.) 12.1 or an older -CURRENT.

-- Brooks

--BOKacYhQ+x31HxR3

--BOKacYhQ+x31HxR3--