From:      Alex Perel <veers@disturbed.net>
To:        Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
Cc:        security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: limit ftp users to their homedir

On Sat, 24 Apr 1999, Brett Glass wrote:

> Don't use ProFTPd; it's GPLed. The BSD ftpd is capable of chrooting users
> if you put their names in /etc/ftpchroot; see the man page.

Brett,

Give it a rest, eh? People are tired of your dogma, PARTICULARLY in a
security-oriented mailing list. I've yet to use a license as a
decision-making factor in the software I use, and I'm sure I'm not alone. If
you don't want do use GPL'd software, don't. Your zealotry is not wanted
here.

Get it?

(and don't bother replying to this either)

      Alex G. Perel  -=-  AP5081
   alexp@iplink.net  -=-  (work)
veers@disturbed.net  -=-  (play)

Disturbed Networks - Powered exclusively by FreeBSD
== The Power to Serve -=- http://www.freebsd.org/