Date:      Fri, 10 Aug 2018 09:19:18 -0700
From:      Pete Wright <pete@nomadlogic.org>
To:        Ryan Stone <rysto32@gmail.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Current <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: ix SR-IOV working

On 8/10/18 8:30 AM, Ryan Stone wrote:
> How many VFs are you trying to create?  Getting ENOSPC either
> indicates that you tried to allocate more VFs than the hardware
> supports, or the system could not allocate enough MMIO space for the
> VFs.

Hi Ryan,
I was attempting to create a single VF.  here's my iovct.conf:

PF {
     num_vfs: 1;
     device : "ix0";
}

DEFAULT {
     passthrough : true;
}

my goal is to setup several bhyve instances on this server, and allocate
one VF per instance.  for now i'm attempting to create a single VF for
testing purposes.

Cheers!
-pete

--