Date:      Fri, 26 Mar 1999 09:53:47 -0700
From:      Donald Wilde <dwilde1@thuntek.net>
To:        Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
Cc:        freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Announce: FreeBSD JDK1.1.7 with ELF support

Hi, Nate, hi Steve!

Congrats!

I would like to present a suggestion. A number of the technical
magazines have sections for product announcements. In DDj, it's "Of
Interest". I would suggest that a native JDK port enhanced to ELF is
enough of a leap that it's worth sending them all a blurb release in the
name of the FreeBSD Project and giving your ../java URL. We should not
abuse this by annoying them with stuff about EVERY little point-release,
but 1.1.7 is a platform many developers write to.

Forrest Cavalier's ReUSE RKT is mentioned in April DDJ, and it's a real
showcase for the FreeBSD source tree. In general, the more releases we
can get into print, the more our visibility is enhanced. Needless to
say, don't mention the bugfixes! I'm sure they're in your docs on the
../java page. TIA!
--
Donald Wilde              "Bringing the Internet to everyone!"
Wilde Media