Date:      Mon, 03 Apr 1995 01:53:27 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@freefall.cdrom.com>
To:        current@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Thinking about CTM and the installation..

Ok, here's the scenario:

Developer installs latest 2.1R using the CDROM for speed and
ease-of-use.  Since developer IS a developer, they select "src" as one
of the distributions and come up with the whole thing on their disk.
Then they proceed further into the post-install setup menu and they
select Using Current Sources->Using CTM->Register With CTM.  Now what?
They get the *entire* source tree again via mail so that they can be
sync'd up?

That'd suck!  At least sup, again, would merely update the timestamps
after seeing that the files were the same.  Is it possible to do
something similar with CTM?  Ideally, you'd want to connect to CTM for
the first time and say (completely transparently, mind you) "I have
2.1R - give me everything that changed after 2.1R came out and keep me
up-to-date from now on!" and it would just work.

C'mon, CTM fans!  This is the chance for your wonderful tool to get
serious mainstream use, but we need to make it sing and dance just a
little more to truly be a "plug n play" part of the installation (and
it really SHOULD be - it's so close as it is now!)..

Thanks..!

					Jordan