Date:      26 Aug 1999 20:30:13 +0200
From:      Eric Jacoboni <jaco@titine.fr.eu.org>
To:        FreeBSD mobile <freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Pb with Inspiron 3500, FBSD 3.1-R and pcmcia

Hi,

I've a i3500 that used to run under Linux for a while but, for some
reasons, i want to use FBSD with it.

I've installed FBSD from a 3.1-R cd-rom and all is ok, including
XFree.

The only pb i have is about pcmcia cards :

I've a 3COM 3C589D and, following various informations i've gathered,
i've try various configs but none is ok.

Kernel messages at reboot says /dev/card0 is not configured :(

The 'best result' (/dev/card0 is not configured) i get are with this
config :

=-=-=-=-=
controller	card0
device		pcic0	at card? irq 0
device		pcic1	at card? irq 0

device ed0 at isa? port 0x280 net irq 10 iomem 0xd8000
=-=-=-=-=

So, if someone succeeded in using PCMCIA with an I3500 under 3.1-R, i
would be very happy to watch its kernel config file, pcmcia config
files, etc. and, first of all, where he got _the_ information.

Thanks in advance...