Date:      Tue, 3 Oct 1995 16:16:18 -0500 (EST)
From:      John Fieber <jfieber@indiana.edu>
To:        "Ugen J.S.Antsilevich" <ugen@latte.worldbank.org>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Probably stupid question..

On Mon, 2 Oct 1995, Ugen J.S.Antsilevich wrote:

> This is simple but i really don't know : how do i view and how
> do i edit theese sgml files?

Emacs works for me.  ;)

Seriously, I acknowledge that documentation on this front is somewhat
lacking.  It is best to look at existing documents an example of the tags
that may be used.  If you do a lot of editing, I highly recommend getting
psgml, an sgml major mode for emacs.

I also don't want to invest too much time in documenting the current
system because it will change before 2.2 comes out.  The linuxdoc DTD will
be out and either DocBook or OSF book will be in.  I've had more than my
fill of the brain dammaged design of the linuxdoc DTD.  I'm evaluating
both DTD's and some conversion tools at the moment.

For viewing, look at the sgmlfmt(1) man page.

For general information on SGML, follow the SGML link on my home page.
There are some good introductory tutorial type documents there.

Feel free to ask me questions directly as well.

-john

== http://fieber-john.campusview.indiana.edu/~jfieber ============