Date:      Tue, 25 Feb 1997 16:02:32 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: anoncvs server

> > The answer I have received in the past: "don't check in your local
> > changes and use cvs merge, and manually resolve conflicts, normally".
>
> This however proves that you are better in writing long articles than
> in following mailing lists.
>
> John Polstra has explained more than once how to arrange for locally-
> maintained changes _inside_ a CVS mirror tree using CVSup.  (I can't
> tell you what's the magic, but simply since i don't think i'm in need
> of it.  To the least, i remember that it's possible.)

I suppose that this proves that you are better at writing ad hominim
attacks than in providing useful answers to questions.

For what it's worth, John was looking at changes to source management
in general to address the local branch issue, as well as some
of the concurrent synchronization issues I raised in previous
articles.  Since my article was not really an attack on John, I
didn't really expect a status report until it was done (which it
wasn't, the last time these questions were asked).  So in any case,
I think you are wrong.

					Regards,
					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org