Date:      Sun, 23 Feb 1997 22:14:18 +0100 (MET)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
To:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Teletext decoding

Hi,

if someone is interested in decoding Teletext/Videotext data acquired
with a frame grabber, I have some code which does the job. You need
your frame grabber to acquire the lines containing teletext data
(usually before the visible area); a simple patch to the meteor driver
does the job, I assume th bt848 driver can also do the same thing.
The sampling rate is not exceedingly important (provided it is high
enough, e.g. 640 pixels) since I use a routine from sox to do the
resampling with the correct values.

Those interested can send me email for a copy.

	Luigi