Date:      Sun, 8 Jul 2001 08:33:04 +0000 (GMT)
From:      "E.B. Dreger" <eddy+public+spam@noc.everquick.net>
To:        Jordan Hubbard <jkh@osd.bsdi.com>
Cc:        rh@matriplex.com, brian@Awfulhak.org, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, wes@softweyr.com
Subject:   Re: Authentic FreeBSD (Re: FreeBSD Mall now BSDCentral)

> Date: Sat, 07 Jul 2001 20:27:16 -0700
> From: Jordan Hubbard <jkh@osd.bsdi.com>

> such.  It's often the case that actually tracking the effectiveness
> of, say, $500 towards some theoretically worthy cause costs you
> thousands of dollars in man-hours.  Heck, If somebody tried to donate
> a million bucks to the foundation right now, I'd actually expect the
> current directors to probably scream and run away. :-)

How about...

1. Programming contests with prizes (results committed)
2. Buying publicity (surely newscasters can be bribed)
3. Distributing as many CDs as AOL (might need more than $1M)

;-)

Okay, I'll be good now.

Eddy

Brotsman & Dreger, Inc. - EverQuick Internet Division
Phone: +1 (316) 794-8922 Wichita/(Inter)national
Phone: +1 (785) 865-5885 Lawrence