Date:      Tue, 10 Jul 2007 13:20:11 -0400
From:      William Bulley <web@umich.edu>
To:        Warren Block <wblock@wonkity.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: odd HP 1320 printer behaviour...

According to Warren Block <wblock@wonkity.com>:

> If the print job is plain text, does it end in a formfeed?  If not, the
> printer may wait for one, and eventually timeout and print the page.

I only send PostScript to this printer.  My WWW browsers do this for
me automatically and the FreeBSD port "print/enscript-letter" does
the rest for me (plain text or ASCII files).

> Depending on what processing you do to the source file, you may find
> utilities like /usr/ports/print/enscript useful.

I have been using enscript for about twenty years now...  :-)

Regards,

web...

--
William Bulley                     Email: web@umich.edu