Date:      Wed, 13 Oct 2004 08:04:37 +0200
From:      Tobias Roth <roth@iam.unibe.ch>
To:        Jochen Gensch <incmc@gmx.de>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Thinkpad not going off while suspend

On Wed, Oct 13, 2004 at 02:27:25AM +0200, Jochen Gensch wrote:

> >3. Do you load acpi_video?
>
> Yes, if I don't load it, X is absolutely wrecked after resume.

sounds like you have turned on dri in your XF86Config. this does not
(yet) work with acpi_video+radeon. try turning it off.

> >3a. Have you tried jhb's acpi_video_dpms patch?
>
> Not yet, I will have a look at it. (Does anyone have a link to that if I
> shouldn't find it)

http://www.FreeBSD.org/~jhb/patches/acpi_video_dpms.patch

does this one work again? it used to work for me for a while, but then
stopped after an upgrade to current a few months ago. i shall try tonight.

cheers, t.