Date:      Mon, 25 Mar 2002 13:26:00 -0800
From:      inspector.us@omicnet.com
To:        Martin Karlsson <martin.karlsson@visit.se>
Cc:        FBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Portupgrade; best bet?

I tried making the cvsupit port (recommended to me as more newbie-
oriented), and had problems.  It sounds like an effective way to update,
and I do plan to read the docs again.  Any help would be appreciated.  I'm
running FreeBSD 4.5 release.

Thank you,

Joshua

3/25/2002 12:10:42 PM, Martin Karlsson <martin.karlsson@visit.se>
wrote:

>* inspector.us@omicnet.com <inspector.us@omicnet.com> [2002-03-
25 11.18 -0800]:
>> Hello all;
>>
>> I have read the handbook section on cvsup.  It's a little too much for
me.
>> I have installed the portupgrade utility.  I could use a suggestion on
how to
>> [best] upgrade my ports collection, as I need XFree86-4.2.0.
>
>How to best upgrade your ports collection: use CVSup. It really
>isn't hard. However, I guess you could always download a gzip'd tar
>file. You'll find a link to it at:
>
>http://www.freebsd.org/ports/index.html
>
>HTH
>--