Date:      Mon, 21 Jul 1997 09:30:03 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Wolfgang Helbig <helbig@MX.BA-Stuttgart.De>
To:        freebsd-ports
Subject:   Re: ports/3924: de.spinne-1.0.0

The following reply was made to PR ports/3924; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Wolfgang Helbig <helbig@MX.BA-Stuttgart.De>
To: asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 1997 18:28:58 +0200 (MET DST)

 >  * Hmm, sorry about that. Wolfram suggested to put it in a new collection
 >  * ports/german. I didn't like that idea too much, since spinne's `de'
 >  * is considered a deficiency of the software--the authors are just to
 >  * lazy to translate the docs and online helps to English. This
 >  * deficiency should not give birth to a new collection.
 >
 > I think it's fine to put it in "german" if the extent of the lack of
 > documentation makes it impossible for non-German-speaking users to use
 > it.

 O. k. So let's put it in "german".

 As soon as I've some time--after cleanly closing the xview-lib PR--
 I'll try the portlint package on spinne and put the new port back
 on ftp.ba-stuttgart.de. (I don't want to fill up the ftp.FreeBSD.org
 disks with zillions of spinne-versions)

 > As Thomas said, these can just go to lang or cad or whatever.

 Agreed, but not spinne since its docs are in german only, it should go
 to the german collection.

 Wolfgang