Date:      Fri, 15 Nov 1996 14:03:28 -0100
From:      Darius Moos <moos@webmore.com>
To:        dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu
Cc:        FreeBSD-questions <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: pppd - PAP or CHAP

authname and authkey are for user-ppp NOT kernel-ppp.
When using kernel-ppp, make a pap-secrets/chap-secrets file in /etc/ppp
Then edit it to contain:
  <your-login-name>	*	<your-password>
When the login-server at AT&T is a WinNT-machine, i suppose you'll have
no luck with kernel-ppp and PAP/CHAP.
Therefor try using user-ppp.

Darius Moos.