Date:      Fri, 23 Feb 2001 01:48:39 +0300
From:      Alexandr Kovalenko <neve_ripe@yahoo.com>
To:        Alexandr Kovalenko <neve_ripe@yahoo.com>
Cc:        lists <lists@lists.grot.org>, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re[2]: installing onto a new drive from a running system

Hello Alexandr,

AK> Hello lists,

AK> Friday, February 23, 2001, 2:26:55 AM, you wrote:

l>> Is there a way to put a fresh FreeBSD installation onto a second harddrive in
l>> a running system that doesn't involve booting from floppies or CD or using yet
l>> another drive and dd?  If I've missed the documentation that specifies this
l>> procedure, I would appreciate a pointer.
[snip]

AK>    Create /etc/fstab containing appropriate mounting points for your
              ^^^^ should be /mnt/etc/fstab, sorry.
AK>    partitions. (They shoud not contain /mnt).
[snip]

--
Best regards,
 Alexandr                            mailto:neve_ripe@yahoo.com