Date:      Fri, 1 Dec 2006 17:10:41 +0200
From:      Vasil Dimov <vd@FreeBSD.org>
To:        "Charles A\. Landemaine" <landemaine@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Who is behind the ports?

--uAKRQypu60I7Lcqm

On Fri, Dec 01, 2006 at 11:34:54AM -0300, Charles A. Landemaine wrote:
> I was amazed to see that there are 16102 available ports, I was also
> amazed looking at this graphic:
> http://www.freebsd.org/ports/growth/status.png
>=20
> How is it possible? How many people are helping porting applications?
> There's gotta be millions to maintain each new versions of so many
> applications...
>=20
> Is there some sort of automation creating so many ports?
> Thanks in advance!

Not at all. There is nothing automated :-)

There are currently 180 ports committers and about 2000 additional
contributors (but this number is not limited to ports work).

--=20
Vasil Dimov
gro.DSBeerF@dv
%
There is no cure for birth and death other than to enjoy the interval.
                -- George Santayana

--uAKRQypu60I7Lcqm

--uAKRQypu60I7Lcqm--