Date:      Sun, 18 Apr 1999 11:44:27 -0700 (PDT)
From:      neill rr <robalama@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Printer Problems

Hello,

I am running an HP LaserJet Series II and I installed apsfilter from the ports collection this
past weekend but have started to have problems.  After running the setup program I printed a test
page, that worked, so I know it works, but when I run lptest this is what I get

myname# lptest 20 5 | lpr
lpr: connect: No such file or directory
jobs queued, but cannot start daemon.
myname#

and here is my /etc/printcap  (relevant parts)

lp|lp2|laserjet2|laserjet-letter-auto-mono|laserjet auto mono:\
        :lp=/dev/lpt0:\
        :sd=/var/spool/lpd/laserjet-letter-auto-mono:\
        :lf=/var/spool/lpd/laserjet-letter-auto-mono/log:\
        :af=/var/spool/lpd/laserjet-letter-auto-mono/acct:\
        :if=/usr/local/apsfilter/filter/aps-laserjet-letter-auto-mono:\
        :mx#0:\
        :sh:

I am running 3.1-Release and have read the man pages and the handbook, but I seem to be missing
something.  Any info is appreciated.

Neill