Date:      Sun, 10 Jun 2001 07:33:11 -0700
From:      Glenn Trewitt <glenn@trewitt.org>
To:        Mario Doria <mariodoria@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problem with IPFilter (make buildkernel)

I had the same problem a day or two ago.  It's nothing you did.

The trigger for this was that sometime recently mlfk_ipl.c moved from "netinet"
to "contrib".  Deep down in the /usr/obj tree:
    /usr/obj/usr/src/sys/<KERNEL>/modules/usr/src/sys/modules/ipfilter
to be exact, the file .depend contains the old location, and "make buildkernel"
doesn't regenerate it.

The cure is simple.  Just go in and delete the entire build tree at
    /usr/obj/usr/src/sys/<KERNEL>
Then, make buildkernel will work fine.

    - Glenn Trewitt