Date:      Wed, 24 Jun 1998 08:14:59 -0700
From:      bmah@CA.Sandia.GOV (Bruce A. Mah)
To:        Joao Carlos Mendes Luis <jonny@jonny.eng.br>
Cc:        hasty@rah.star-gate.com (Amancio Hasty), bmah@california.sandia.gov, net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD and default IP Multicast support

--==_Exmh_1645038762P

If memory serves me right, Joao Carlos Mendes Luis wrote:

> ip_mrouted_mod is broken, then ?  Maybe that's why I've never
> seen it before.  :)

Well, at least I knew I wasn't missing anything either (but I'm only running
2.2.6-RELEASE).  From reading the CVS tree, it looks like it's been this way
since 2.1.0-RELEASE.

So...it sounds like the answer to FAQ 10.15 ("How do I enable IP multicast
support?") should read something like this:

-----

Multicast host operations are fully supported in FreeBSD 2.0 and above by
default. If you want your box to run as a multicast router, you will need to
recompile your kernel with the MROUTING option and run mrouted. FreeBSD 2.2
and newer can run mrouted at boot time by setting mrouted_enable to "YES" in
/etc/rc.conf.

MBONE tools are available in their own ports category...

-----

Should I file a PR on this?

Bruce.

--==_Exmh_1645038762P

-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----
Version: 2.6.2

iQCVAwUBNZEX8qjOOi0j7CY9AQGZlQP/Urp57TlnI5vggR2SEYJMPKEnhsicXG0r
wclPFE+DfDZl9dDjnkOJSvJxGIJMW7SlAYeeMr7LQW/alwAf6/nF9iXWdC301DHu
lyd+KxN6EmOyM76II+WI5DnxT89AgDQTndm7NAnrXjkXhVoOzJWd7NaSnsLhxsdK
le/GlF0ssxo=
=JlHl
-----END PGP MESSAGE-----

--==_Exmh_1645038762P--