Date:      Thu, 18 Nov 2004 14:11:26 +0000
From:      Ben Paley <ben@spooty.net>
To:        noackjr@alumni.rice.edu
Cc:        FreeBSD Stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: flash and libmap.conf?

On Wednesday 17 November 2004 18:27, Jon Noack wrote:

> > # Flash6 with Mozilla/Firebird/Galeon/Epiphany
> > #[/usr/local/lib/linux-flashplugin6/libflashplayer.so]
> > [/usr/X11R6/lib/browser_plugins/libflashplayer.so]
> > #libpthread.so.0                 liblthread.so.3
> > libpthread.so.0   pluginwrapper/flash6.so
> > libdl.so.2                      pluginwrapper/flash6.so
> > libz.so.1                       libz.so.2
> > libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3        liblstdc++.so.4
> > libm.so.6                       libm.so.3
> > libc.so.6                       pluginwrapper/flash6.so
>
> The following works fine for me (note the path I use is what you have
> commented out):
>
> # Flash6 with Mozilla/Firebird/Galeon/Epiphany/Konqueror
> [/usr/local/lib/linux-flashplugin6/libflashplayer.so]
> libpthread.so.0                 pluginwrapper/flash6.so
> libdl.so.2                      pluginwrapper/flash6.so
> libz.so.1                       libz.so.2
> libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3        libstdc++.so.4
> libm.so.6                       libm.so.3
> libc.so.6                       pluginwrapper/flash6.so

Interesting. This makes everything bad on my machine. I get this:

bash-2.05b$ mozilla
Error: No running window found.
mozilla-bin: Fatal IO error 78 (Function not implemented) on X server :0.0.
bash-2.05b$

I even noticed another small error in my file, where I had liblstdc++ instead
of libstdc++ (a lower-case L too many) but that doesn't help either.

> For Konqueror I just added /usr/local/lib/linux-flashplugin6 to the
> plugins path so that I only need one libmap.conf entry.  This works fine
> as well.

Perhaps I'll try that when I gat mozilla and flash working - at the moment
konqueror is the only browser I've got that's working properly, so I'm not
going to mess with it!

Thanks for your help,
Ben