Date:      Tue, 15 Sep 1998 23:22:04 +1000
From:      Jim Mock <jim@phrantic.phear.net>
To:        "Filby, Gordon" <Gordon.Filby@pef.fzk.de>, "'freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: History key doesn't work

At 12:53 PM 9/15/98 +0200, Filby, Gordon wrote:
>Hallo,
>
>I'm new to Unix and even newer to FreeBSD. I'm missing greatly the feature
>I've seen
>often in Linux - the list of recently used commands on the cursor arrow
>keys. When I hit
>the up arrow I get stuff like [DEsktop etc. Any ideas ? I've installed the
>German
>keyboard (I think I've tried both ) on other machine at home.
>
>Thanks.
>
>Gordon.Filby@pef.fzk.de

What shell are you using?  I know that bash and tcsh will both do what
you're looking for.. they're in the ports collection.. /usr/ports/shells.

Hope this helps..

Jim
---
|=> Jim Mock - SysAdmin - Webmaster <=|
|=> Phear Dot Net | KidzHaven <=|
|=> Web Site Design & Hosting Services <=|
|=> email: jim@phrantic.phear.net <=|
|=> web: http://www.phear.net/ <=|
|=> web. http://www.kidzhaven.com/ <=|
---