Date:      10 Sep 2000 00:40:50 -0700
From:      asami@FreeBSD.org (Satoshi - Ports Wraith - Asami)
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org, qa@FreeBSD.org, taguchi@tohoku.iij.ad.jp
Subject:   Re: Making XFree86-4 the default

 * From: Kris Kennaway <kris@FreeBSD.org>

 * AFAIK they still havent added the setuid wrapper which may protect from
 * any other buffer overflows in the server binary. They also havent added
 * back PAM support which is in 3.x.

People concerned about security of the server can continue using the
3.3.6 (xtt-*) servers.  I didn't know about PAM -- do you have any
idea what we can do about it?  (I.e., how long will it take for
someone like you to add it back? :)

 * Actually we are talking about doing a net-only 4.1.5 release in a few
 * weeks to make use of the fact that SSH now works properly by default.

Actually, since RSA is free now, we can do 4.1.5 immediately, right?
We can change the XFree86 default right after that.

Jordan, what are your thoughts about the 4.1.5 release schedule?

Satoshi