Date:      Sun, 01 Sep 2013 16:42:43 +0200
From:      "army.of.root" <army.of.root@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-arm@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   dockstar (kirkwood) EHCI needs "usb start" in u-boot or it will hang

Hi,

I just spent an hour trying to get my dockstar to boot a head kernel.

I switched from putting the kernel on a usb drive to booting it via tftp from
u-boot for convienience purposes.
The usb drive boot script in u-boot obviously starts up the usb subsystem, but
I left it out for the tftp routine.

This resulted in a hanging Kernel on this output:

> ehci0: <Marvell Integrated USB 2.0 controller> mem 0xf1050000-0xf1050fff irq 48,19 on simplebus0
> usbus0: EHCI version 1.0
> usbus0: stop timeout
> usbus0: set host controller mode
> usbus0 on ehci0

After having a joyful moment of clarity and adding the command "usb start" to
my tftp uboot script, the issue was resolved.

Is this expected behavior?

Or am I missing a kernel option (various combinations did not help including
the default DOCKSTAR config)?

Thank you for your efforts & Kind regards