Date:      Thu, 16 Nov 2006 13:17:31 +0100
From:      Marc Balmer <marc@msys.ch>
To:        Daniel Hartmeier <daniel@benzedrine.cx>
Cc:        tech@openbsd.org, openssh-unix-dev@mindrot.org, markus@openbsd.org, freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: OpenSSH Certkey (PKI)

Quoting Daniel Hartmeier <daniel@benzedrine.cx>:

> This patch against OpenBSD -current adds a simple form of PKI to
> OpenSSH. We'll be using it at work. See README.certkey (the first chunk
> of the patch) for details.
>
> Everything below is BSD licensed, sponsored by Allamanda Networks AG.

I like this very much.  We have to administrate quite a number of
OpenBSD machines (>100) so this comes in very handy.

I have seen becks@ concerns and seeing that Andre already allocated
ressources to extend it makes me confident that this actually is in
good hands.

That said, I am in favour of this new functionality.  After all it's
optional, nobody is forced to use it.  It would be nice if this could
get committet (after some more testing and with a huge number of oks ;)

- Marc Balmer