Date:      Sun, 28 Feb 1999 18:03:33 +0200 (SAST)
From:      Khetan Gajjar <khetan@chain.freebsd.os.org.za>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Packet writing software for FreeBSD ?

Hi.

I was wondering if there was any way to mount a CD-RW and write
files to it on the fly (as well as the ability to read off it),
similar to Adaptec's software to do the same.

I know you can mkisofs a image, and then write it to the disk,
but it would be nice to do it on the fly and not need to mkisofs it.

Also, does anyone know how to create multi-session CD-ROM's ?
I'd imagine it's something like
mkisofs'ing the original, cdrecording that with -multi,
and then mkisofs'ing the new information and cdrecording that.
The last session should not have -multi.

I have tried this, but it only appears to make the last session viewable.
Does anyone have any suggestions ?

I'm using cdrecord 1.6.1, and mkisofs 1.12b4

TIA.
---
Khetan Gajjar       (!kg1779) * khetan@os.org.za
http://www.os.org.za/~khetan  * Talk/Finger khetan@chain.freebsd.os.org.za
FreeBSD enthusiast            * http://www2.za.freebsd.org/
Security-wise, NT is a OS with a "kick me" sign taped to it