Date:      Mon, 27 Mar 95 9:57:35 MST
From:      terry@cs.weber.edu (Terry Lambert)
To:        fbsd@clem.systemsix.com (Steve Passe)
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org, jeffh@cybernetics.net
Subject:   Re: New Snapshot - Thanks!

> >> Thanks for the hint.  I gave it a try, but it still has the problem.  I
> >> had XKeysymDB previously in /usr/X11R6/lib/X11.  Or is there a newer
> >> XKeysymDB out there some where?
>
> This problem also exists with the moxftp I just built for 2.0-950322-SNAP.

This problem *will* exist for all Motif programs, period.

Part of the X installation should be to create a /usr/lib/X11 symlink
to point to /usr/X11R6/lib/X11.

As far as the key translations are concerned, "internationalized" apps
like NetScape will attempt to use the key translations relative to the
/usr/lib/X11 directory as well.

This is further complicated by a change in locale semantics from the
X11R5 to X11R6, such that any apps compiled with R5 will require the
R5 locale information be provided in the R6 directory.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@cs.weber.edu
---
or previous employers.